Pictures without a home.
Walking back to the apt and I realized that I really wanted a hamburger. Went to our trusty Clubhouse and ordered a burger. The patty was HUGE, barely cooked, and oh-so-juicy. Best burger ever.
In our Food/ Culture class we had a bread tasting - I took this picture when I thought we were going to be able to eat all of the bread in one go and wanted to tease our other roommate Val. We weren't able to eat all the bread and instead shared it.
Eating gelato… this happens more than I care to admit.
Spritz after our Aperitivo (small buffet with a drink) mixer.
There is a library close to our apartment called the Oblati. It's a nice place to hang out and do homework and in the Italian fashion, it also has a caffe. I ordered a caffe shakerato(sp?) which is basically an iced coffee. We studied for a few hours and this is as far as I got. Before you scoff at my paltry coffee-drinking-skills, you must realize that this was pure shots of espresso shaken in ice and then strained out in to a glass. I was wired 0.0
An attempt to open a cheap bottle of wine from the store. First we tried the opener ( a travel opener ) and then we tried to simply push the cork in. Then we tried to carve it out with a knife. We started turning the cork with the knife until the knife slipped out. Back to the opener and the battle was won. We tried the wine, pretended that it was good and worth the effort, and then poured it down the drain in disgust. It was a good learning experience though - buy a new bottle opener.
Just chilling on a bridge. Oh, whats that behind me? The Ponte Vecchio, the most famous bridge in Florence.
Food/Culture class again. Our professor brought us grapes out of his own garden! They were called uva fragola (strawberry grapes) and they were scrumptious. It was a blend of flavors - grape, strawberry and a hint of mango - sooooo good.
Santo Sprito - this church overlooks the plaza where we go to class. B-E-A-U-tiful day.
More of the same day - the sky was gorgeous so I had to snap some pictures on my way back to the apt.



Love these pictures too. Thanks for posting your life, I really enjoy watching and hearing about your adventures
ReplyDelete