Tuesday, October 9, 2012

A little bit more of my life in Italia

While I'm working on getting my pictures together from my amazing trip to Rome I thought I would share some more photos. Yes, there is a lot of food and a lot of coffee in this album again. Maybe it will convince my mom to come to Italy…. (hi mom!!). 
Our professor brought us treats again… someone help me out with the name. It tastes like the marshmallows in lucky charms, has almonds inside and is white. The name is…. ?





{picture not available}




There is no picture above for the chocolate the the professor brought to class because both my apartment mate and I ate it before we could snag a picture. It was scrumptious though!

It's reeeeeally hard to take a picture of yourself while wine tasting. Val and I learned to appreciate the various wines from the Chianti region of Italy (between florence and siena). We then munched on some cheese from the chianti region… again, no picture - we ate it too quickly. 

A few weeks later there was a chianti festival / parade around the Duomo. I captured some great video of the parade but I can't include the video on the blog. Period costumes, drums, and oxen pulling a cart filled with wine :) 

We went out for a walk and some gelato (just another typical day in florence) and then started an impromptu photo shoot. You can't tell, but she's really happy I'm interrupting her gelato experience with photographs. 

Florence is SOOOOOO beautiful. I still can't get over the experience of looking around me and realizing that everything is ancient! 

Me

We walked down the Arno toward the park, found this really cool spillway/dam. You can't see very well but there are people sitting on the dam hanging out and having a great time. On my to-do-list, pack and lunch and a bottle of wine and hang out in the middle of the Arno river. 


Ciao for now! Rome pictures (we saw the pope!!!) will be up within the week. 

5 comments:

  1. Hi Beauty, can't wait to have coffee with you if I can figure out a way to transport myself there before December. Love Love Love the pictures Going to send a package to you, as soon as I decide what to send, glad to know I can mail packages AND I received a post card today- thank you. luvs

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I especially love the picture of you holding the marshmallow treat. Great photo!!! My forever happy girl :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know what's really close to Italy? Switzerland!! *wink wink*

    -Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karinabini: I've been enjoying your photo journal so very much! It has been 30 years since your uncles Steve and Jeff accompanied Chris Williams and Hawiiana to Europe. Seems like once every 30 years shouldn't be too often to see Europe, does it? In your recent blog including a photo of you at the end of a day of posing, I recognized an expression I first saw on your face when you were --oh, about eight months. When you are older you will become aware of the need for "a wee sitdown" (accompanied by a glass of local wine, of course). In a little while the entire day will begin to be seen in the hazy glow of reminiscence and all will be well. Hello to your roommates from your lovin' G'ma Judy

    ReplyDelete