The Clubhouse - a restaurant right down the street from our apartment. We went to the restaurant for Sunday brunch (served from noon to four pm) and then returned later that night as everything was closed Sunday night. The man (who we assume to be the owner) seated us and asked if we wanted prosecco. He said yes for us, and another waiter came and brought the two of us three glasses of Prosecco. We wondered who the third glass was for until the owner came and took the first drink with us. The food is amazing as well! (2/9/12)
We were at the mercato (San Lorenzo) grabbing some groceries for dinner and some fellow UC students told us we had to get fish and chips at the fish stall. One of the guys had this dreamy look on his face as he described the fish and chips. We watched the man prepare the food - he took fresh fish, shrimp and octopus from the ice and tossed it with some flour seasoning, and turned it in to the most amazing fish and chips I have ever had. We grabbed some cokes, walked outside and found a nice place to sit and enjoy our food before we went back to our apartment. (6/9/12)
My apartment-mate Gabriela and my roommate Valerie. We cooked the fish we bought at the market (Valerie cooked, Gabriella and I tried to help) and then had the most amazing dinner ever. Salmon, pasta, coffee, wine, and some sort of odd olive paste that was delicious. (6/9/12)
The best gelato ever. Ever. I was in "class" during the time this picture was taken :) On the second day of our Food and Culture class, we went on a walking trip of the city. We tried tripe (picture below) and stopped at this gelato shop. We skipped the long line and were treated to a free gelato. I chose raspberry and crema de grom (a house special) for my first taste. It was heaven. (5/9/12)
Gabriella and I had to take Valerie to try gelato at Grom. The second try didn't disappoint - Coffee and Tiramisu. Heaven again. (6/9/12)
Tripe on our class field trip… It was interesting. Not totally disgusting, but I wouldn't order it again. (5/9/12)
Tomatoes actually taste good in Italy (I usually hate tomatoes). I don't remember what this dish was called… bruschetta? biscotti? amazing thing that i put in my mouth? Anyway. Valerie, Gabriela and I became stranded at this restaurant during a downpour. We finally braved the storm and ran home.


Karina: Wonderful photos, and wonderful attitude! I love the idea that you will try all these foods. Everything I've read suggests that Italian gelato is the best in the world.
ReplyDeleteHello to Valerie and Gabriela from your loving G'ma Judy