Saturday, September 22, 2012

Cinque Terre

Part 2 

Hike (more like a walk) to Cinque Terre
Sept 15th
Beginning… happy and ready for anything. 

A zoomed-out view shows both braces. My right leg was jealous of my left leg's nice new knee brace, so it felt that it had to injure itself right before our hike. 


The scenery was beautiful - the water was blue - the grass was green - I was definitely a happy camper. 

Beach!

more beach!

Some pictures of me on the beach… and then what happens when I get really tired of all the pictures. Cue 5-year-old tantrum. 



Roommate! This is Valerie (Val). Quite possibly the best roommate ever, but I'm not sure because I'm currently hating the fact that I have a roommate. (: She's fun, and willing to go explore. Pretty much all you need in a friend. 


Did I mention the scenery was beautiful?

Ok - some info. Cinque terre is actually five towns on the cliffs/ocean side of Italy. Relatively close to florence, on the west coast. There is a walking trail linking the five towns that hugs the cliffs. The walking trail is washed out from town 2 to town 3, so we hopped on the train as a detour. Then we decided we wanted to tan more than we wanted to hike (and my ankle and knee were protesting at this point) so we stayed on the trail and continues on to the 5th town. We are planning on returning to Cinque Terre in a few weeks when the weather is cooler and I am a little less broken and hike the entire trail. 


1 comment: